Monday, July 6, 2009

Secrets, Lies and Half-truths #5

I
Loving, liars who like to lie in bed
Looking deeply into each others eyes
As they hide secrets from one another
Skeletons first exposure to day's light
Will foster feelings of pain and anguish
Lying lovers will blame each other
Falsehoods and facades made lies of love
Then lovers lie and play their parts
Parting ways they feign hurt and despair

II
Fear crippled a heart and mind
Silenced the truth by forcing the mouth shut
A secret lingers in the mind
Often choking of the right words
Cowardly hiding the truth from love
A careless mistake forced truth into the light
No explanation or justification
Wound heart turns and walks away
From wounded heart

III
Lie to me
When you tell me I'm the one you want
Tell stories of my glory as you sex another lover
Feign interest in my needs as you think of her
Stroke my ego to access to my bed

Lie to me
When you tell me I'm the only one
Listen intently as I speak low to you when I speak love
Then whisper those very words in her ear
Let me believe truths conveniently shielding omitted lies

Lie to me
When you tell me that your heart beats for me
String my heart along as plan a future with another
Hide from me when you want to see her
Make me believe that it is I who is behaving strangly

No comments:

Post a Comment