Sunday, April 18, 2010

It Is You

This romance has become
a violent tornado of which
the two of us are victims

Our minds have made fools
of our hearts by entangling them
in wicked games of love

A delicate balance of energy
flows between us; the magnetism of
holding you and being repelled from you

You have unlocked the secrets
of my heart; Now I lay naked
as my body tells your tortured stories

Finally, having freed myself from your grasp
Your inevitable return would consume
my mortal thoughts

Your words became the sweet melody
that recaptured my heart; In love again
I am a willing participant in your game

Our story unknown to the world
would consume us both with
expectation and disappointment

Our hearts trip over each other
like uncoordinated feet trying
to master a sweetly complex danza

I feel you in every cell of my body
You are there; every step
every breath, every sight, every memory

I am in a conflicting state
of chaos and bliss; a state
to which I am painfully addicted

I'd rather have you in small daily doses
than consume you all at once in moments
too few and far between

I am nothing. I stand here empty
vacant, defeated, your brand of love
batters my tender soul

I want not of food or shelter or
companionship. I would write in
secret, to have you by side eternal

Though the flame of our love
Would leave us in ashes I would give you
anything, everything. All that I am it is yours.

It is you


No comments:

Post a Comment