Saturday, May 8, 2010

Freewrite Poetry Fun

Fuck you car alarm
Only you have the power
To break my concentration
your incessant beeping
ringing and ticking is
keeping me from my life's work
How sensitive can you be?
That any motion, sound or look
Can trigger that awful noise.
How quickly the ringing travels
the distance up to the fourth floor
See, I came here to write a poem
of length and theme, I wasn't sure
But knew and planned to fulfill it
Before walking out of that door
And, as if in perfect synchronicity
Every time my pen caresses the paper
You clamor for my attention
Well... what is it that you want from me?
I'm all eyes and ears and heart
I'm listening very carefully
So that I do not miss one part
Of the lover's quarrel, you've had
With every passing sound
I sit here waiting woefully
Perhaps, this will be the last round
Of your ringing sirens, alerting and
distracting me from my greatest
Task today. Oh, I beg for you
To take a break - or that your
Battery dies; my pen sits
lonely and untouched
its ink filled with longing cries.
Wait.. what's that?
Oh, bless your heart. You responded
to my pleas and silenced yourself
Long enough for my pen to tease
this page

No comments:

Post a Comment