Friday, March 12, 2010

La Llorona, 3.12.09

For the Women of Juarez

Listen… hear my cry

I have lost my child

He has wandered into the desert

He, lost himself among men

He, found himself among men

He, forgot how to love his mother

He, had no hair to mark his age

He, was a child, now transformed into a monster

His muscles swelled

His teeth sharpened

His grip tightened

His skin perspired

His mouth salivated

He licks his hungry lips

Secretly trained in the art of misogyny

Mi’jo, I have lost you

What is a mother without her child?

There is darkness now, where my son used to sit

Listen… hear my cry, it pours like the rivers

I wander night to night, rom every pore of

Of my vacant and wilted body, searching

Listen… hear my cry

I have lost my child

She, has wandered into the desert

She, lost herself among men

She, was just a girl

She, had never been kissed before

Her breasts were barely full

Her hair worn in a school’s braid

Her eyes were chocolate kisses

Her skin was sun kissed brown

She felt his steaming breath on her skin

She winces as his claws grip her arms

Her skin begins to burn with every gash

Her nipples were gnawed off her breasts

Her vagina was shredded

She, cried out for her mother

Her womb would never carry a child

Her heart ceased to beat

Mi’ja, I have lost you

What is a mother without her child?

There is darkness now, where my daughter used to sit

Listen… hear my cry, it pours like a the river

I wander night to night, from every pore of

My vacant and wilted body, searching

No comments:

Post a Comment